How our pharmacy works
We keep many of the most common medications in stock in our pharmacy, so we can often send you and your pet home from an appointment with the medicine they need for you to begin administering immediately. If we don’t have it in stock, we can compound it and deliver it to you.
- Can you send my pet’s medication to my home address?Yes, we can send your pet’s medication to your home, workplace, or anywhere else that you give us permission to send it.
- Can you send my pet’s prescription to Chewy or my local pet pharmacy?Yes, we can send your pet’s prescription to be filled at any pet pharmacy of your choice, including Chewy.
- Can you renew my pet’s prescription for heartworm preventatives?To renew a heartworm preventative prescription, your pet must have had a heartworm test within the last 12 months. We also need to know your pet’s current weight before we can renew their heartworm prescription, to ensure they’re prescribed the correct dosage.
- Can you fill or renew a prescription that my previous vet gave me?Due to veterinary licensing restrictions, we cannot legally fill prescriptions from any other vets in New York State. We will need to examine your pet to check that the prescription is still the correct treatment and dosage for them before filling or renewing it.
- Can you renew my pet’s prescription without an appointment?This may depend on the health condition involved, how long ago the prescription was issued, and how recently we have seen your pet. We may need to examine your pet to check that the prescription is still the correct treatment and dosage for them before filling or renewing it.
- Do you stock prescription pet food?Yes, we stock a number of prescription pet foods. If your pet has an allergy or other condition that requires a prescription pet food, we can help to advise on the best food for them, and get them feeling better ASAP!