Small Door Veterinary (“Small Door”) offers a full range of pet health services, including 24/7 telemedicine services and priority access to board-certified specialists.
Personal Information We Collect
We may collect the following categories of information:
Information you provide
- Account information, such as your name, phone number, email and mailing address.
- Audio and Video Recordings that are generally made and captured within our facilities and veterinary clinics.
- Product usage information, such as the information you provide to us when you interact with our services, including information about the products and services you purchase through our services (such as the product information, date of purchase, and information relating to any support issue).
- Communications that we exchange with you, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing information, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our services and publications, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Information we obtain from other sources
- Social media information. We may maintain pages on social media platforms, such as Facebook and Instagram. When you visit or interact with our pages on those platforms, you or the platforms may provide us with information through the platform.
- Third-party logins. When you link, connect, or login to the services with a third party service, you direct the service to send us information as controlled by that service or as authorized by you via your privacy settings at that service.
Automatic data collection
We and our service providers may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your interaction over time with our services, such as:
- Device data, such as your computer’s or mobile device’s operating system, manufacturer and model, browser type, IP address, unique identifiers, language settings, mobile device carrier, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area; and
- Usage data, such as pages or screens you viewed, how long you spent on a page, browsing history, and access times.
We may collect this information using cookies and other similar technologies. Cookies are text files that websites store on a visitor’s device or in the browser for the purpose of helping you navigate between pages efficiently, remembering your preferences, enabling functionality, and helping us understand user activity and patterns. For more information on how you can control cookies, please see the Privacy Choices section below.
How We Use Personal Information
We use personal information for the following purposes:
To provide our services. This includes:
- Enabling you to create a Small Door account;
- Processing your payments;
- Administering, hosting, and operating our services;
- Communicating with you and responding to any inquiries you may have; and
- Analyzing your use of our services to allow us to evaluate and improve the services.
For research, development, benchmarking, and improving our services. We may use personal information to analyze and improve the services, identify trends, and operate and expand our business activities. We may also create aggregated, anonymized, or other de-identified statistics, which we may use for lawful business purposes, including for analytics, forecasting, and strategic planning.
For marketing and advertising, including for:
- Direct marketing. We may send you direct marketing communications, including, but not limited to, sending newsletters or publications, and notifying you of promotions, offers and events via postal mail, email, telephone, text message, and other means.
- Interest-based advertising. We may engage third-party advertising companies to display our ads on their online services. We may also share information about our users with these companies to facilitate advertising for our services to them or similar users on other online platforms. For more information, or to understand your choices, please visit the Privacy Choices section below.
For compliance and protection, including to enforce any applicable terms and conditions, comply with legal obligations, defend against legal claims or disputes, protect the security and integrity of our services, and identify and investigate fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity.
How We Share Personal Information
We may share personal information with:
Service providers. We share personal information with companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate our services or our business (such as hosting services, communications, data and cyber security services, billing and payment processing services, fraud detection, investigation and prevention services, web and mobile analytics, email and communication distribution and monitoring services, and customer relation management systems).
Advertising partners. We may share personal information that we collect on our website with third party advertising companies (including for the interest-based advertising purposes described above), lead generation partners, and channel partners, resellers, and distributors that allow us to explore and pursue growth opportunities.
Third Parties. Third parties, such as advertising companies, data providers and data co-ops (such as Epsilon), for interest-based advertising and other marketing purposes, including those third parties’ own purposes.
Professional advisors. We share personal information with professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. We may share personal information with law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate.
Business transferees. We may share personal information with acquirers and other relevant participants in business transactions (or negotiations for such transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, Small Door or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
Access, correct, or delete your information. To keep your information accurate, current, and complete, you may modify your profile in your account or contact us as specified below. Registered users may also contact us to request deletion of your account and certain personal information. We will take reasonable steps, subject to any limitations under applicable law, to delete information in our possession that you have previously submitted via the services.
Unsubscribe from direct marketing communications. You may opt out of marketing-related communications by following the opt out or unsubscribe instructions contained in the marketing communication we send you. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing communications.
Opt out of push notifications. If you opt in to receive push notifications within the app, we may send push notifications or alerts to your mobile device from time to time. You can deactivate push notifications and alerts at any time by changing your device settings, changing the push notification settings within the application, or deleting the app.
Opt out of interest-based advertising. You may limit online tracking by:
- Blocking cookies in your browser. Most browsers let you remove or reject third-party cookies, including cookies used for interest-based advertising. To do this, follow the instructions in your browser settings. Many browsers accept cookies by default until you change your settings. For more information about cookies, including how to see what cookies have been set on your device and how to manage and delete them, visit www.allaboutcookies.org.
- Blocking advertising ID use in your mobile settings. Your mobile device settings may provide functionality to limit use of the advertising ID associated with your mobile device for interest-based advertising purposes.
- Using privacy plug-ins or browsers. You can block our websites from setting cookies used for interest-based ads by using a browser with privacy features, like Brave, or installing browser plugins like Privacy Badger, Ghostery, or uBlock Origin, and configuring them to block third party cookies/trackers. You can also opt out of Google Analytics by downloading and installing the browser plug-in available at: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout.
- Platform opt outs. The following advertising partners offer opt out features that let you opt out of use of your information for interest-based advertising:
- Advertising industry opt out tools. You can also use these opt out options to limit use of your information for interest-based advertising by participating companies:
Note that because these opt out mechanisms are specific to the device or browser on which they are exercised, you will need to opt out on every browser and device that you use.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to "Do Not Track" or similar signals. To find out more about "Do Not Track," please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
We may retain your personal information for as long as it is reasonably needed in order to maintain and expand our relationship and provide you with our services; in order to comply with our legal and contractual obligations; or to protect ourselves from any potential disputes. To determine the appropriate retention period for personal information, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of such information, the potential risk of harm from unauthorized use or disclosure of such information, the purposes for which we process it, and the applicable legal requirements.
SMS terms: Small Door Veterinary, also known as Small Door offers you the option to engage in SMS text conversations about your job application. By participating, you also understand that message frequency may vary depending on the status of your job application, and that message and data rates may apply. Please consult your carrier for further information on applicable rates and fees. Carriers are not liable for delayed or undelivered messages. Reply STOP to cancel and HELP for help.
By opting-in to receiving SMS text messages about your job application, you acknowledge and agree that your consent data, mobile number, and personal information will be collected and stored solely for the purpose of providing you with updates and information related to your job application. We are committed to protecting your privacy and shall not share or sell your consent data, mobile numbers, or personal information to third parties under any circumstances.
Our services are not intended for use by children under 13 years of age. If we learn that we have collected personal information through our services from a child under 13 without the consent of the child’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
You can reach us by email at email@example.com or at the following mailing address:
Small Door Veterinary
3 East 28th Street, Floor 5
New York, NY 10016